Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Single In The City"

Women all around the city are single and looking, but where is that perfect guy? "Is it normal" that I would rather be alone then go on a date? "Is it normal" that I feel kissing someone or hooking up is a chore?
Join me on my journey to find that four letter word......Love.

I was asked the other day "Hailey what is your 10 year plan"? I had explained how I planned on being the CEO of Hailey Glassman PR and Event firm, having locations in NYC and LA. Then all the stuff in between, but not once did having my own family cross my mind.
I called my Mom up that night to tell her the Interview question I was asked. Her response to me was "Hail don't you want to meet a nice, honest man and have children and your own family", I simply felt like "WHAT, how dare she, I have my own family, you (Mom), Dad, Shaun, Grandma, Uncle Robbie". My Mom aka (Lauren) laughed and said "Hailey you have to open your heart up again someday and not be afraid"..

I hate to admit it but Momma Glassman is right. I fear Love, I think sometimes when your done so dirty and wronged in the past it is hard to just band aid the hurt and pain. From here on out all Spring and Summer I am dedicating it to being Single and ready to Mingle

I will be having my dates filmed and upload them onto here. I would like your input on who I should go on a second date with?

Coming soon ....

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to you Hailey. Many people did not start out cheering for you, but then you won people over during a difficult time in your life . Your personality as a good, sweet, honest ,fun loving girl began to shine through .Everyone has had a bad boyfriend in their past. Think of it as your college education in who not to date ever again . Don't let the ugly ones define you or hold you back from a wonderful future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Pink, so good to see you come out the winner.
    Here's a link to a song about jerk boyfriends and FaceBook. I think we can all relate to it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7MuwPlOiNQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your date's video, I will be glad to give you some input ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hailey,
    At one time or another we have all set ourselves up to be hurt deeply. I believe your hurt would have been so much easier to get over if there wasn't so much money involved. To get played is one thing but getting robbed at the same time is another.
    At least when you saw your world crumble, that the man you believed in was a impostor. ALOT of women are not that strong or smart. It seems their are always those that willingly sell themselves SHORT(pun intended) when they find they hooked up with a impostor just to save face. You didn't do that!

    Your interview with the ladies at Imperfect Women rocks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hailey,
    Thanks for the shout out :)
    I wanted to add many of us have been hurt deeply, maybe even robbed on a small scale but not many have had to deal with the man we loved and dreamed of a life together setting us up to catch a felony charge. I can only imagine how you must have felt. Just remember it says much more about the ex than it says about you. What a dark place you must have found yourself in. Thank God you are no longer there
    I love it that you are excited about your job.
    Its true when you were under your ex's spell I didn't care that much for you but like Pink said the way you handled yourself through that darkness won my heart. Though the most difficult time in your life your personality as a good, sweet, honest, fun loving girl began to shine through.

    ReplyDelete